Orthodontic treatment is meant to correct malocclusion (a bad bite). Common problems like those listed below, benefit from early detection but can also be corrected in other stages of life with proper techniques by a qualified orthodontist. 307 Orthodontics doctors are highly skilled and ready to help you reach the smile of your dreams from any starting line.
- Crossbite: When the upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth, a crossbite occurs. This may cause tooth trauma and misaligned jaw growth.
- Crowding: When teeth do not have enough space when erupting through the gums, crowding will occur.
- Midline Mismatch: When the back bite does not fit properly, mismatched dental midlines may occur. If the dental midlines do not match (align with the center of your face) it can interfere with proper jaw function.
- Openbite: Upper teeth and lower teeth do not overlap in an openbite. This can impact the ability to chew.
- Overbite: When upper teeth extend over the lower teeth, an overbite occurs. When this occurs, lower teeth can bite into the roof of the mouth at times
- Protrusion: Protrusion can be caused by either overextension of the upper teeth or lower teeth not extending forward enough.
- Spacing: Small or missing teeth can destabilize the jaw and cause teeth to space out in an effort to fill the gap.
- Underbite: When the upper teeth go behind the lower teeth, due to the lower jaw extending further out than the upper jaw, an underbite occurs.
Other common problems to contact your orthodontist about if noticed in children:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty in chewing and or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Jaws that make sounds or shift
- Speech difficulties
- Excessive biting of the roof of the mouth of cheek
- Facial imbalance
- Grinding and or clenching of the teeth
Schedule a consultation with 307 Orthodontics today, because everyone should love to smile!